Thursday, February 22, 2007

Youth Ministry to the Glory of God

The modern Youth Ministry Movement has lost its way. What started out as a noble idea, has grown into a problem that often feeds itself. Anyone who is actively involved in youth ministry, if they were honest, would have to admit that this is true. Nevertheless, they would also admit that they are at a lost for knowing what to do about it. Therefore, the modern youth ministry goes on. Yet, Voddie Baucham does not think it has to. He has is publishing a series of articles on Youth Ministry that I am convinced we need to read:

Youth Ministry I
Youth Ministry II
Youth Ministry III
Answering Objections on the Youth Ministry Issue
What's a Youth Minister To Do (pt. 1)
What's a Youth Minister To Do (pt. 2)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Thank you. I recently heard something very similar to this in my own church. The Youth Minster said that a youth ministry is not necessary. I thought, how is that possible especially coming from a youth ministry. If he didn't believe in the program, then we as a youth ministry are doomed to failed. But perhaps this is what he meant. I had been intent on speaking to about this, but you have helped me better approach the situation. Thank God and thank God for you.