Thursday, September 08, 2005

Clarification

I am amazed at how many responses I received from the atheist community concerning my last post. I do want to apologize if anyone inferred from my remarks that I was suggesting that atheist should not give to the relief effort. That was not my intention. It is all of our responsibility as human beings, and particularly as Americans, to give in support of the relief for the victims of Katrina. As John Donne rightly said, "Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

I also want to apologize to the Infidel Guy for referring to his work as his "brain cramp." That was a comment made in jest, but admittedly it was not called for.

1 comment:

ron said...

Anthony,
The giving of Christians is entirely different than that of atheists and all others: "even the ploughing of the wicked is sin."
The true Christian (or, the knowledgeable Christian, leaving room for Christ to be a Prophet to the ignorant) gives for the motive of God's glory; all others do it for the glory of men. Philanthropic endeavors are unacceptable when done outside of the context of a justifying faith.
"Whatever is not of faith is sin."
What you have when you see the wicked with riches is God lavishing his enemies with something that is only temporal; when they give these riches to others, they do it because 'the heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord,' and God controls their desire to give and the mind from which the desire to give springs.
Don't waver, brother. I'm praying for you.