Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Finding a Good Thing (Prov. 18:22)


My calling often takes me away from home for extended periods of time. Unfortunately, my wife usually is not allowed to accompany me because of school, the children, and responsibilities at home. Many ask me how I am able to manage my time away from home and it not be an undue burden upon my family. My answer is simple, I am blessed with a good wife. I was reminded of this the other night when I came home from a meeting and she was siting in front of the computer, the kids were in bed, and she was studying for an upcoming Women's Fellowship. She was reading an article by Noel Piper entitled John and Noel Riding in Tandem. As she shared it with me, I was not only encouraged by the writing and insights of Noel, but I was even more encouraged by my wife's desire to ride in tandem with me to the glory of God. I have never ridden a tandem bike (though now I am more interested than ever), but I have been riding in tandem with Adriane for over 12 years and I can honestly say that her heart and submission to God makes the peddling a lot easier and less hazardous than this man deserves.

No comments: