Tuesday, January 17, 2006

What a Celebration!


Well, I'm back! Sorry for the absence, but I had the privilege of being in Citrus County, Florida this weekend for Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend. I was hosted by the Ministerial Alliance in the county and by Seven Rivers Presbyterian Church, where I preached and where the Community Wide MLK Service was held. It was a most magnanimous time (if such time is possible). The people of Seven Rivers were awesome. Ray Cortese is the pastor. His heart for all things gospel and all things glorious, including justice, righteousness, and equality was evident from the very start. I was much impressed with him and the wonderful people of Seven Rivers. I was pleased to offer words for such an auspicious and truly bridge-building event. You can hear the message by going to our website at Cyrene Ministries or you can contact Seven Rivers to request a copy. I do pray that I was able to serve them in some way that reflected the gracious and Christ-honoring service and encouragement they gave to me. Thanks Citrus County. Thanks Seven Rivers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He came from modest circumstance but He could see much far advanced and God gave Him a special chance to build a world-enhanced.1st verse of"Children Of The Dream".