Monday, August 11, 2008

An Overlooked Gem

Do you have any books you've been hoping to read, but have not made the time to do so? I have quite a few. I often find myself consumed with a writing project, sermon preparation, research on a particular issue, or just being husband and father and thus some good-intended reading gets neglected. Yet, every now and then something in my stack of books just catches my attention and I say, "Let me just take a moment and skim this book to make sure I am not missing something I've been wanted to know." Every now and then when I do this I find an overlooked gem of a book and I don't put it down until I am finished. Recently this happened to me with the small, but insightful book Seeking God by Peter Jeffery.

Believe it or not, I have been looking for a little, non-intimidating book to give to new believers (or those who think they are) that will challenge them with their understanding of salvation and encourage them if they truly have been converted. Lo and behold, I had it on my shelf for sometime now, but did not know it. I would encourage you to get a copy of this book. It will not be easy to find (I have tried the normal book sources and they do not have it). Nonetheless, if you search the internet you can find a copy. I am pretty sure you will find your efforts worthwhile.

BTW, let me know if you find a place to get multiple copies fast. Also, do you know of any other little books that cover the nature of our salvation in a terse yet encouraging fashion?

3 comments:

LouLove said...

I read it!

ajcarter said...

You are funny - too funny!

Unknown said...

This booklet can be obtained easily from Solid Ground Christian Books

http://www.solid-ground-books.com/books_SGCBBooklets.asp