Friday, January 11, 2008

One Day at a Time

Have you ever seen the commercials from Nationwide with the tag line, "Life comes at you fast?" Here is one of the more popular ones



Seems lately I have been understanding just what that means when it appears that life is coming at you fast. It seems deadlines and commitments never cease. Yet, yesterday as I was spending time quietly listening to my prayers to God, I was impress with these thoughts. As you go about your time, perhaps you too would find similar words to express to God and find comfort in Him knowing and loving you.

"Thank you Lord for your grace one day at a time. As I try to understand and to accomplish all that is set before me, everyday you desire to bring me to yourself and remind me that yesterday is gone and tomorrow on this earth may never be mine. So here is today and you remind me of your grace one day at a time. Perhaps our lives would be less anxious and indeed more fulfilling if we would take more seriously and believe more earnestly in our Lord's words in Matt 6:34 "Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." And might I add, "Its own grace."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whats good Pastor Tony? I find myself always thinking what does God have for me? Where will I be in 5 years, and sometimes I forget about my faithfulness today, I forget about loving my wife, meditating on God's goodness, serving my family and working hard TODAY! Thank you for this, I will pray that today I will live for today.