Thursday, January 31, 2008

Onward!

As you can see I have not blogged in a while. I am busy with a few important projects so my blogging will be light for the next week or so. But I will be checking in from time to time to let you know that I am still alive and in fact better than ever (golf game included). Also, I am always excited to find other African-Americans on the internet who delight in Reformational truth. Thus, I point you to a new blog Forward to the Reformation. According to its self description, "This blog is for the glory of God. Its theology is based upon the Westminster standards as well as the London Baptist Confession of 1689. It is geared to engage in discourse regarding Reformation among traditional African American churches such as National Baptist churches. It invites all to contribute."

It is always encouraging to see another voice for change (Obama withstanding) and reformation on the internet. As ML King, Jr. would say, "Something is happening (in the church); something is happening in our world." Indeed, God continues to raise up in this generation men and women committed to the reclamation of truth and the positing of that truth in the church of Jesus Christ. I, for one, am so happy that God is granting me the blessed privilege of seeing and being a part of His wonderful move among His people. I pray we will be faithful with this stewardship and not have the next generation look back at us and say, "What could have been." Rather, I pray they will hear one generation calling out to the next, "Onward! Continue to believe in the sovereign God of your fathers and mothers. Rise up! Continue to trust that He who began this blessed work will complete it through you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what has happened to you Brother:)
It is good to know you're still alive.
Blessings,
Lou