Tuesday, January 16, 2007

On the Cross of Christ

This morning Samuel Rutherford reminded me of the beauty of bearing the cross of Christ. Rutherford suffered much for the cause of Christ and has much to teach us in our dangerous comforts of life:

"O how sweet are the sufferings of Christ for Christ! God forgive them that raise an ill report upon the sweet cross of Christ. It is but our weak and dim eyes, and our looking only to the black side, that makes us mistake. Those who can take that crabbed tree handsomely upon their back, and fasten it on cannily, shall find it such a burden as wings unto a bird or sails to a ship."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthoney,

My name is Jason Marriner, I am based in London [UK], I work as an evengelist at London City Mission [www.lcm.org.uk]. I am contacting you as I feel that my future training and spiritual growth may lay it the states. It would be great if you could emal me with your contact details.

Many Blessings

Jason
jasonmarriner@mac.com