Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Short History of Being Black and Reformed

Dr. Bob Price is the Home Missions ministry team leader for all Christian Reformed black ministries in the Christian Reformed Church. I have had the pleasure of getting to know Bob over the last few years and have found him to be a brother of geniune faith and insight. He has written a brief article entitled A Short History of Being Black and Reformed for their denominational magazine Banner. It seems that Bob has the seedlings for a book here. I for one hopes he pursues it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you happen to have any information on the conferences he mentions in his article? Google turns up zilch. :)

======
The annual “Black and Reformed” conference features the preaching and teaching of Reformed theology in the black cultural grain. The 13th annual conference will be held at Trinity Christian College on April 26-28.

Therefore we sponsor an annual “Urban Youth Conference” to reach out to young people to evangelize and disciple leaders.

ajcarter said...

No, I don't have any more info on the conferences. But as soon as I do I will post them. Peace.

Lorraine Woodward said...

I work for the denomination (not for his agency) and am wondering the same thing. I am e-mailing folks now to get information on the conference. I also have access to brochures--if you contact me, I can send a flyer via snail mail. I'll try to scan one, too, but I'm working hard to see that it gets posted on our website.

Lorraine Woodward said...

I have information on this conference--and am wondering how I can get it to folks via e-mail? (I have the brochure scanned as a PDF file).

The dates are April 26th thru 28th and the conference is being held at Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, IL.

you can e-mail cez7168ATsbcglobalDOTnet to get more information, or write me woodwarlATcrcnaDOTorg.

Thanks for helping to get the word out!